Friday, August 1, 2008

A Personal Plea from Jess




As you have probably heard the fourth and final installment of the Twilight series is coming out. I am super excited but after that is over I find myself without a clue on what to read next. Those that know me know that I am a veracious reader and I need to have something to read. And last nite in a fit of desperation I started Harry Potter again! So if you could please leave a comment of your favorite books or books that you would suggest me reading. I am including a list of my personal favorites as well!!

Books
Harry Potter Series
Twilight Series-Stephenie Meyers
The Host-Stephenie Meyers
The Pillars of the Earth-Ken Folliet
The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness -Caleb Carr
The Odd Thomas Series-Dean Koontz
Life Expectancy-Dean Koontz
Beauty- Sherri Tepper
The First Man in Rome- Colleen McCullough
Anne of Green Gables- L.M. Montgomery


There are many many more! I love books that can make you laugh and cry. In fact that's kinda my standard for a book. I love sweeping emotions and brilliant plots. I love pretty much everything across the board except romance. I'll be honest I need some action in pretty much everything that I read. So if you know any good books please respond and I'll head off to my local library!

3 comments:

Jared said...

While I don't know of very many books that have emotional twists and turns, my favorite authors are turning out to be Michael Crichton and Dan Brown. At least for me, they get me turning pages.

Laura said...

I recommend anything by Jane Austen. Particularly, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that all of the twilight books were written "in tribute" to classic works. Some examples: Wuthering Heights, and Romeo and Juliet.