Monday, February 7, 2011

Looking forward to

I have been in an enormous funk lately. In short, my 2011 has been disappointing so far and our family has gone through some challenges that has really made us reevaluate a few things. I have been trying to deduce a way for me to buck up and stop the gray moods around our home. After hours of contemplation I realized that we need to to focus on being grateful on what we do have ( a recurring theme for this blog) and that while winter always brings our mood down that we should look forward to the things that will bring happiness.
Here are a two things I am ridiculously looking forward to: our friend's Valentines celebration

Found at http://maltaddict.wordpress.com/2010/02/06/what-are-you-doing-for-valentines-day/ using Google pics


and our annual family/ anniversary vacation to St. George!
Pic of Rory and Ry last year on a hike up Snow Canyon.


A bunch of my friends and I have planned a scavenger type hunt for for our menfolk. I love the idea but I think the girls are going to have much more fun than the boys. We have t shirts and clues and candy. The best part of event will be spending some time with some primo women. These woman are amazing in their own way and it will be fabulous way for us to celebrate Valentines day and the men are going to be fed a wonderful dinner afterward and there may be sometime for some cuddling and movie watching at the end. Thanks to Abby for spearheading this project and giving us direction to our celebration.
St. George is in less than 25 days! I adore St. George. It is my favorite place in Utah no competition. It's my oasis of Spring in the desert of Utah winter. I love St. George. It holds so many beautiful memories and I love that we get to go back every year.
I hope that each of you have some fun plans in the near future as well. Alas, I must get to work! Until next time!

3 comments:

Abby O! said...

Hooray for V-day! I love it! You need to remember to find joy in the "now" not just the "whens" even if the whens will totally rock! :) soooo... what are you happy about / grateful for TODAY?

Jess said...

That's a hard question! Hmmm ok today as always I'm grateful for the little sprite that is Loralei and grateful for the clean house we will have after we clean. Oh and we're going to the library today!

Abby O! said...

Nice! I like it! Sold! :)