Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Readin'


So If you know me you know that I am a big reader. I have a confession that I mostly read pop-lit but I have read a few books lately that of course need to be mentioned.


So first one- Of course Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-no worries no spoilers here but this was an amazing book and I have to say that J.K. Rowling did justice to her creation. The book was wonderfully written and of course I cried tons when I read it. Its sad to me that essentially the magic that is Harry Potter is over but what a run!!


Second a book that has been flying all around me is the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers. When you start this book you wonder if you are insane for reading a high school book but then after the first 100 pages you realize the gift that the author has of making everything seem so wonderfully human yet beautifully supernatural. I received the first two books in hardback for my birth day (thanks Abby and family!!) and I am reading them for the second time.


Third and then I'll close is a great book by Dean Koontz (pop-lit at its finest) called Odd Thomas. Yes its not new and I have read it several times but it is the top ten of my favorites. In this book Mr. Koontz creates a character that is so sweet and human that i feel as if he is a personal friend in fact I reread the book every time I want to "catch" up on Odd Thomas. Try it you will not be disappointed.

No comments: