Thursday, November 3, 2011

Delinquently 31 weeks


Don't you love the pajamas and the barely pulled back hair.  I look HAWT in this pic right, right?   I'm sorry that I skipped two weeks.  I don't really have a good excuse except my continuous procrastination.  I realized I needed to do it and then the days sort of just slipped by.  My hubby went out of town last weekend so there's my excuse for Monday and the week before I was sick again :(  It's been lovely. 

I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Abby, she helped talk me down from a proverbial ledge last Saturday.  This being pregnant is hard anyway but being pregnant with twins is like UBER META HARD.  My freedoms are pretty much curtailed at this point from back pain and stomach girth and it's sad for me that I can't just go out shopping or clean my house without serious recovery time.  Throw in a fall that wrenched my back yesterday and you can imagine my outlook on life.  So its back to my old standby of faking it until I make it, and I'm gonna fake being overjoyed about the process until I can fool myself.

The girls are doing wonderful.  I had a doctor's appointment last week and they are measuring about a week ahead of single babies.  I'm a rock star at growing big babies, ask Loralei who was 9 lbs 6 ounces.  At the appointment they weighed right about 4 lbs a piece with 3 ounces difference. That's 8 pounds of infant already!  Whew no wonder my back gets tired.  Everything looks great and I have another appointment next week, then every week after that until I deliver. 

It was neat to see them on the ultrasound screen.  They are so big that now they typically look like I'm pregnant with a many-legged octopus mutant.  One baby is already head down and engaged, she's ready for the show or has just realized that it's  much more fun to kick mom right in the bladder and cause a slight pee panic.  Baby B is now transverse, which means right across the belly and able to kick both side of my ribs at once.  I adore my girls already they are already exhibiting the Vaughn-McGraw pestering attitudes.

Halloween was a lot of fun.  Little Miss Loralei went as Minnie Mouse. She has developed such an opinion about everything that I was lucky to get her to agree to this costume. 

I think she looks adorable but the ears were not a big hit and she refused to wear them to both Trick-or Treating activities we went to.  She was a pro at trick or treating though.  She would knock on the door loudly say "Trick-or-Treat!" and then would politely say "Thank you."  It was really cute.  I can't wait for next year when we may do a Dr. Seuss theme. 

Hopefully I will be a better blogger and try to keep up with this pregnancy.  I have a new laptop so maybe!!  Take Care

1 comment:

Suzie said...

You look amazing. I'm not sure how you are handling everything so well! Loralai looks adorable, as always!